- 1 cup washing soda
- 1 cup baking soda – get Aluminum free
- 1 cup borax
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1 cup kosher salt (Epsom Salt works too)
- 35 drops Thieves essential oil ( you can use others, like Lemon + lavender or orange+ tea tree)
- Easy push out ice-cube trays
- 1/4 cup water (you may need a little more, but you do not want your mixture too wet)
- Combine the washing soda, baking soda, borax, citric acid, and salt in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly, breaking up in clumps.
- Add your essential oil.
- Pour the water into the mixture. Stir the mixture until the reaction stops, as it will fizz. I let mine rest about two minutes. The mixture should feel to see if it needs more water. Too much water will make the ingredients over react.
- When you get the right consistency pack down the dishwasher powder into the molds, and I mean really make sure they are packed. You do not need to fill them up all the way, but make sure what you have packed down is dense.
- Once the molds are packed down and full, allow them to sit for 12-24 hours before trying to remove from containers. If the tabs are not releasing from the mold, then they are not yet dry enough. Once they are dry enough they will come out fairly easy….. Most of the time!
- Place one tablet into the dishwasher soap dispenser.
- Be sure to store them in a container with a tight-fitting lid! ~ and no, mine do not stay in the window overlooking my backyard, they are usually underneath the sink
If you have any questions about making these or using any of the Young Living products, please leave me a message, and I will get back to you!
Everyone have a great Thursday…… only one more day until the weekend folks!
UPDATE: I forgot to let everyone know just how many this makes. I use two ice cube trays, so this makes 48 dishwasher cubes for me.